What paperwork is required for U.S. Customs Brokerage services?

What paperwork is required for U.S. Customs Brokerage services?

In order for a U.S. Customs Broker to file a Customs entry on behalf of an importer, it must have a signed Power of Attorney in place, signed by an officer of the company.  If the importer chooses to import on a continuous surety bond, an application to CBP must be filled out. By the way, an importer cannot file U.S. Customs entries on their own.  An importer MUST hire a Licensed U.S. Customs broker to file U.S. Customs entries; however an importer CAN file an ISF on their own.

Moreover, Scarbrough requires a client application to be in place.

All documents can be found here: Be a Client.

An importer is also required to send (or have its supplier send) the commercial invoice and packing list to the broker.  If a partner government agency (PGA such as FDA, EPA, USDA, etc.) is involved, other paperwork is required.

US customs

Question? Ask an Expert Now.

About Scarbrough

Scarbrough, headquartered in Kansas City with local presence in every major port in the world, is a complete international and domestic supply chain service provider, offering U.S., Mexico, and Canada Customs brokerage, Import & Export Transportation Solutions, Domestic brokerage and asset-based trucking, Warehouse Fulfillment services, Trade Compliance Consulting, Large Equipment and Project Cargo moves, as well as Parcel Audit Savings.  Scarbrough is widely known for its trade experts, free training, personalized customer service, customized solutions, and data analytics tools.  Since 1984, Scarbrough has continued to satisfy its clients by following its motto on a daily basis: “It is our job to make your job easier.”  Moreover, our team of experts is available at your disposal.  We offer free 20 minute consultations on any topic from supply chain optimization and duty savings opportunities to the basics, helping to guide new importers and exporters as they jump into the world of global trade.  Contact us now.