TPM continues to be the must-attend conference for the Transpacific and global container shipping and logistics community and highlights hot industry topics. For 17 years, shippers and service providers have been attending the conference to stay on top of the market, stay informed, and conduct business.
Kevin Ekstrand of Scarbrough International, Ltd. attended this year. I asked him to breakdown the conference for me and tell me his top 5 take-aways so we could share with our clients.
Top 5 Takeaways from TPM 2017
1. Economic outlook for 2017 is good
2. Container Shipping is going through a transition:
- Formation of Alliances
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Decrease in total carriers globally
3. Still lots of unknowns with the Alliances
4. Expect Rate Volatility driven by:
- Carriers desire to increase profits
- Carrier consolidation
- Larger Vessel Overcapacity
- Competition for Market Share
5. Growing role for Freight Forwarders and NVOCC’s
If you would like to discuss any of the topics with Kevin or find out more, don’t hesitate to contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-584-2414. He would love to share more information!