Section 301 List 3 Batch 5 Product Exclusions
On November 26, 2019, The United States Trade Representative published another set of exclusions for Section 301 List 3 imports from China. This is the fifth batch of exclusions for Section 301 List 3. The product exclusions will apply retroactively from September 24, 2018 and expire on August 7, 2020. The exclusions cover 32 specially prepared product descriptions, which cover 39 separate exclusion requests.
Any importer that has imported the following products on or after September 24, 2018 should apply for a refund from U.S. Customs. The exclusions are available for any product that meets the description in the Annex, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request. To request a refund of Section 301 duties paid on previous imports of products granted duty exclusions by the USTR, importers may file a Post Summary Correction (PSC) if within the PSC filing time frame. If the entry is beyond the PSC filing time frame, importers may protest the liquidation.
Section 301, U.S. Customs, PSC, & Protest Help
Don’t have the time or not sure if it’s worth it? Scarbrough Consulting can do this for you or guide you in the right direction. Scarbrough is offering a FREE 30-minute consultation to any importer affected by the Section 301 Tariffs. Our consulting team of Licensed U.S. Customs brokers are also capable of filing PSCs and Protests on your behalf. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
The 32 product Descriptions include:
Hint: press ctrl + F to find your product
Pursuant to the product exclusion process, the U.S. Trade Representative has determined that the additional duties provided for in heading 9903.88.03 shall not apply to the following particular products, which are provided for in the enumerated statistical reporting numbers:
- Candy lollipops, not containing cocoa, such goods put up for retail sale in packings in the form of a larger plastic lollipop, each comprising a spheroid container with a major axis of 14 cm and a minor axis of 11 cm, with and a plastic stick measuring 22 cm in length inserted in the bottom of the container, with the container portion wrapped in printed plastic film cinched at the container’s bottom by a printed hang tag (1704.90.3550)
- Sodium metal (CAS No. 7440-23-5), in bulk solid form (2805.11.0000)
- Plastic trays, of a kind used for retail packaging, custom vacuum formed from polyvinyl chloride or polystyrene sheets (0.45 to 0.9 mm in thickness), each measuring 7.62 cm or more but not over 53.34 cm in length, 17.15 cm or more but not over 42.55 cm in width, and 3.18 cm or more but not over 15.24 cm in depth (3923.10.9000)
- Nonelectrical graphite sheets, flexible, measuring 1,000 mm in length, 1,000 mm in width, and 0.8 mm or more but not exceeding 1.5 mm in thickness (6815.10.0100)
- Grinding beads of yttria-stabilized zirconia (6909.11.2000)
- Tube or pipe sleeves (couplings) of alloy steel (except stainless steel), threaded, each weighing 0.19 kg or more but not over 18.2 kg, measuring 305 cm in length, measuring 1.2 cm or more but not over 10.2 cm in diameter, UL listed (7307.92.3030)
- Butt welding tube or pipe elbows of galvanized steel, each weighing 0.19 kg or more but not over 17 kg, measuring 12 mm or more but not over 102 mm in inside diameter, UL listed (7307.93.6000)
- Foldable stepladders of steel, each with 2, 3 or 4 steps and safety latch, with load capacity of 90 kg or more but not over 140 kg (7326.90.8660)
- Flat panel display mounting adapters of base metal (8302.50.0000)
- Telescoping curtain rod sets put up for retail sale, each set including two or more cylindrical telescoping rods, two or more wall brackets capable of affixing the rods to building components, all the foregoing of steel, and two or more rod finials of resins or other plastics, the foregoing not including mechanisms for opening or closing curtains (8302.41.6050)
- Electric display cases incorporating refrigerating equipment designed for commercial use, each with a glass front to display the food or drink being stored (8418.50.0080)
- Wireline bridge plug assemblies for use in oil and gas fields, compliant with Specification 11D1 of the American Petroleum Institute (API), each composed of cylindrically shaped, sand cast, cast iron components with a nitrile rubber sealing element and brass element backup rings, measuring 3.7 cm or more but not over 52 cm in diameter and 30 cm or more but not over 72 cm in length (8479.89.9450)
- Vacuum cleaners, bagless, upright, capable of operating in wet mode or dry mode, each with self-contained electric motor of a power not exceeding 1,500 W and having a tank capacity not over 4 liters (8508.11.0000)
- Vacuum cleaners, bagless, upright, each with self-contained electric motor of a power not exceeding 1,500 W and having a dust receptacle capacity not exceeding 1 liter (8508.11.0000)
- Starter motors for internal combustion gasoline engines designed for use in the lawn, automotive, watercraft, motorcycle, industrial and garden industries (8511.40.0000)
- EGR coolant tube assemblies of stainless steel for diesel powered vehicles of headings 8701 to 8705 (8708.99.8180)
- Bicycles, not motorized, each having aluminum- or magnesium- alloy wheels both measuring more than 69 cm but not more than 71 cm in diameter, tires of crosssectional diameter of 3.5 cm, aluminum frame, a polyurethane/carbon fiber cord drive belt, 3-, 7- or 12-speed rear hub and twist shifter (8712.00.2500)
- Single-speed bicycles meeting the criteria of HTS subheading 8712.00.44, each having steel frame, with aluminum stems, rims and crankset and with rider contact area of plastics, each bicycle weighing not over 11.5 kg (8712.00.4400)
- Carts (other than industrial hand trucks and portable luggage carts) that convert into ladders, each weighing not more than 15 kg, measuring not more than 105 cm by 56 cm by 11 cm (8716.80.5090)
- Dump carts, each with a steel frame, a plastic bed and four pneumatic tires on wheels, with a capacity not exceeding 550 kg (8716.80.5090)
- Canoes (other than of wood or of metal) each valued over $800, not of a type designed to be principally used with motors or sails (8903.99.0500)
- Folding chairs with aluminum frames, each comprising a seat of polyester ripstop fabric and polyester netting and an aluminum frame, weighing not more than 600 g (9401.79.0015)
- Folding tables designed for camping, each composed of a polyester ripstop fabric top designed to assemble onto an aluminum frame, the foregoing when opened for use measures 53.34 cm x 41.91 cm x 36.83 and weighs under 0.9 kg (9403.20.0050)
- Outdoor tables of steel and aluminum, each measuring no more than 93 cm by 93 cm by 63 cm, incorporating a built-in gas-burning fire pit (9403.20.0050)
- Foldable cots with frames of steel and/or aluminum, each with sleeping surface of polyester or nylon fabric, each cot measuring 185 cm or more but not over 230 cm in length, 70 cm or more but not over 105 cm in width and 7 cm or more but not over 58 cm in height (9403.20.0090)
- Foldable tables with frames of steel and/or aluminum, each measuring 25 cm or more but not over 156 cm in length, 30 cm or more but not over 80 cm in width and 37 cm or more but not over 113 cm in height, with a tabletop surface of aluminum (9403.20.0090)
- Electric household floor-standing lamps, of base metal other than brass, each measuring 1.22 m or more but not over 2.59 m in height, with an E26 socket (9405.20.6010)
- Electric household floor-standing lamps, of base metal other than brass, each measuring 77 cm or more but not over 232 cm in height with light-emitting diode (LED) lamp as light source (9405.20.6010)
- Electric household table or desk lamps, of base metal other than brass, each measuring 25 cm or more but not over 92 cm in height with an E26 socket (9405.20.6010)
- Electric household table or desk lamps, of base metal other than brass, each measuring 38 cm or more but not over 87 cm in height, with light-emitting diode (LED) lamp as light source and featuring an AC outlet, a charging pad and USB port designed for the charging of electronic devices (9405.20.6010)
- Electric household floor-standing lamps, of wood, each measuring 115 cm or more but not over 210 cm in height, with an E26 socket (9405.20.8010)
- Electric household table or desk lamps, of wood, each measuring 25 cm or more but not over 80 cm in height, with an E26 socket (9405.20.8010)
View USTR Announcement
Effective September 24, 2018, the U.S. Trade Representative imposed additional duties on goods of China with an annual trade value of approximately $200 billion (the $200 billion action) as part of the action in the Section 301 investigation of China’s acts, policies, and practices related to technology transfer, intellectual property, and innovation. To get the debriefing on the Section 301 tariffs, click here.
Duty Savings Opportunities
If the Section 301 tariffs are affecting your company, watch this webinar recording to learn more. Scarbrough’s President and COO, Adam Hill, along with Patrick Caulfield, an attorney at GDLSK, an international trade and customs law firm, talk about legal opportunities to recover or avoid paying duty to CBP.
Scarbrough is offering a FREE 20-minute consultation to any importer affected by the Section 301 Tariffs. Email email@example.com or fill out the form below.
To review Section 301, visit this helpful Resource Page
To read more about Section 301, visit USTR.gov