Section 301 List 1 Batch 2 Exclusions Expire
All but 10 Products
On March 19, 2020, the United State Trade Representative announced it would extend certain exclusions from List 1 of the Section 301 imports from China. Section 301 List 1 Batch 2 product exclusions, filed under HTS 9903.88.06, expired on March 24, 2020 with the exception of 10 tariff numbers listed below.
These exclusions have an effective date of July 6, 2018 and will now extend until March 25, 2021.
Product Exclusions granted a 12-month extension under HTS 9903.88.06:
Pursuant to the product exclusion process, the U.S. Trade Representative has determined to extend the following exclusions granted under the March 25, 2019 notice under heading 9903.88.06 and U.S. note 20(i) to subchapter III of chapter 99 of the HTSUS:
- Breast pumps, whether or not with accessories or batteries (8413.81.0040)
- Machinery for filtering water, submersible, powered by batteries, manually operated, such machinery designed for use in pools, basins, aquariums, spas or similar contained bodies of water (8421.21.0000)
- Hand-held ultraviolet water purifiers, powered by batteries (8421.21.0000)
- Filters designed to remove sulfites from wine (8421.22.0000)
- Filter housings, covers, or couplings, the foregoing of steel and comprising parts of machinery or apparatus for filtering liquids (8421.99.0040)
- Vulcanized rubber tracks, each incorporating cords and cleats of steel, designed for use on construction equipment (8431.49.9095)
- Automated data processing storage units (other than magnetic disk drive units), not assembled in cabinets for placing on a table or similar place, not presented with any other unit of a system (8471.70.6000)
- Electric motors, AC, permanent split capacitor type, each in a housing with outside diameter of 84 mm or less, with output of 6 W or more but not exceeding 16 W (8501.10.4020)
- Inoculator sets of plastics, each consisting of a plate with multiple wells, a display tray, and a lid; when assembled, the set measuring 105 mm or more but not exceeding 108 mm in width, 138 mm or more but not exceeding 140 mm in depth, and 6.5 mm or less in thickness (9027.90.5650)
Effective with respect to goods entered for consumption, or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption, on or after 12:01 a.m. eastern daylight time on July 6, 2018, and before March 25, 2021, the additional duties provided for in heading 9903.88.01 shall not apply to products which are provided for in heading 9903.88.06.