FDA Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP)
The FDA’s Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP), which is a trusted trader program for food importers, will begin accepting applications on January 1, 2017.
The FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) (Pub. L. 111-353) enables the Food and Drug Administration (FDA or the Agency) to better protect public health by helping to ensure the safety and security of the food supply. The FSMA just recently released a helpful guide for the VQIP Program.
The guide includes:
- The benefits VQIP importers can expect to receive;
- The eligibility criteria for VQIP participation;
- Instructions for completing a VQIP application;
- Conditions that may result in revocation of participation in VQIP; and
- Criteria for VQIP reinstatement following revocation.
Download the guide:FULL GUIDANCE
Individual Chapter DownloadsChapter 1: Introduction
Chapter 2: Background
Chapter 3: Questions and Answers
Chapter 4: Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995