The Missouri Department of Economic Development is currently seeking Missouri small businesses to participate in the Global Market Access Program (GMAP). GMAP is a cost-share program that is designed to stimulate export sales.
The GMAP is funded by the State General Revenue, in which there sits an appropriation of funds directed to this program.
What does that mean for you? Available money to grow your Missouri business!
Eligible Applicants: The target audience for this program is Missouri small businesses, primarily manufacturers, with 500 employees or less and an annual sales of $25 million or less. The DED will focus assistance to these small firms to new markets in order to ensure increased sales opportunities.
The program will choose to cost-share with at least 40 new-to-market exporters and a minimum of 90 export activities and trade promotion projects as per the following eligibility company criteria:
– Must currently export to at least one market – including Canada
– A minimum of 50% of the eligible firms must be rural small business concerns (as per country of location)
– A minimum of 10% of the eligible firms must be women owned and controlled; minority owned and controlled; veteran owned & controlled; and/or socially and economically disadvantaged small business concerns
– A minimum of 10% of the eligible firms must be directly or indirectly affected by supply chain exports
Program benefits / Eligible Uses:
– International or domestic trade show, DED/MDA trade mission, foreign market sales trip or US DOC/USDA matchmaker trade delegation participation fees
– Costs associated with shipping displays, samples, catalogs or advertising materials
– Costs incurred at a trade show event for utilities, booth construction, or necessary modification, repairs or other reasonable expense associated with displays
– Costs associated with the first time foreign language translation of brochures and product literature for the use of translation services
The following expenses may not be reimbursed:
– Travel costs
– Employee salaries
– Meals and entertainment
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 2013 @ 5:00 pm
Missouri Department of Economic development
301 West High Street – Suite 720
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Phone (573) 751-4855 | Fax (573) 526-1567 | Email: email@example.com